Why not pray for an awakening in your church? You can pray that God would move in way that results in:
• hundreds of people coming to Christ,
• old animosities being removed,
• marriages being reconciled and renewed,
• wayward children coming home,
• long-standing slavery to sin being conquered,
• spiritual dullness being replaced by vibrant joy,
• weak faith being replaced by bold witness,
• disinterest in prayer being replaced by fervent intercession,
• boring Bible reading being replaced by passion for the Word,
• disinterest in global missions being replaced by energy for Christ’s name among the nations, and
• lukewarm worship being replaced by zeal for the greatness of God’s glory.
Sounds like someone has been keeping up with Mr. Piper… : )
What wonderful things to pray for. I am indeed struck by my lack of zeal in praying such things. May God set fire to our desires for these things, for his glory.
Amen. May the Spirit stir us to make great use of the power of prayer!