Ponder these two concise and powerful descriptions, by Tony Reinke.
Heaven is eternity in the presence of God through a Mediator.
Hell is eternity in the presence of God with no Mediator.
• eternity — Matthew 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
• presence of God (heaven) — Psalm 16:11, You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
• presence of God (hell) — Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
• mediator — 1 Timothy 2:5, For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
• no mediator — John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
Pingback: Dependence on the one above | mybswebblogs.com Blogs
Pingback: What is the Fate of Those Who Reject Jesus Christ? «