Commenting further on Psalm 119:11 — I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you — puritan Thomas Manton lists practical helps to the believer who has memorize Scripture:
HIDE GOD’S WORD IN YOUR HEART
1. It will prevent vain thoughts.
2. A source of comfort, when you are alone, and without outward helps
3. It will help supply your prayers
4. It will be a great help in all your daily business [Prov. 6:21-22]
5. Relief (and a ‘sword’) when you face temptations.
6. Relief when you are afflicted and faint.
7. Making your conversation with others more gracious. [Mt. 12:34]